Step-By-Step Guide to rectify error “Windows was unable to complete the format”:
Hello, friends, we are here with a new tutorial to solve an error. Most of us use pen drives. While using them on the PC, we get many problems, and we need to format it. Once in many times when we format our pen drives, we might receive an error message windows was unable to complete the format. When we open my computer, the device is visible, but the original memory of the device is unknown.
[SOLVED] Windows was unable to complete the format:
When we right click it to format, it shows the following error message – “Windows unable to complete the format.”
|Pendrive formatting error in windows|
Don’t worry we are here to solve your problem. Go through the below article to know the solution step by step. This method applies to all kinds of the OS like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
Now follow the below steps. If you can’t get it just, follow the below pics.
How to fix windows was unable to complete the format?
- First of all right click the computer icon on the desktop. In that select manage option. Now you will get the Computer Management window.
- Now click on the disk management. Now all the local drives and connected drives including the pen drive will be shown.
- Now in the bottom of the window just right click on the pen drive you need to format. Then select Change drive letters and paths. You have to give a new name to the pen drive.
- Finally, make a right click on the pen drive in the computer management window and just click on the new simple volume. You will now see a wizard.
- Now hit next and select FAT32 as the required file system again hit next.
This time, you will get your pen drive formatted, and all your drive space recovered.
I’m sure you will be pretty happy now. Don’t forget to encourage us by sharing. Any doubts comment below. We will respond within 6 hours. Just try.
Search terms for this post:
- windows are unable to complete the format
- windows were unable to complete the format USB
- the window was unable to complete the format
- windows cannot complete format